2023-24 Board of Education

2023-24 Board of Education

Sitting, l-r: Glenn McIver, Joe Ozvold, Dick Testa-Board President, Jim Truillo-Board Vice President, Lou Ferraro. Standing, l-r: Kathy Marecek, Jenn Kazmark-Assistant Superintendent, Nicole Wolfe-Superintendent, Pamela Portland-Assistant Superintendent, Lynda DeLuca.

Elected Member

 Address

 Phone

Dick Testa, President

126 June Street

607-754-5492

Jim Truillo, Vice-President

2921 Twilight Drive

607-748-1332

Louis Ferraro

901 Zeggart Road

607-341-8134

Glenn McIver

1111 Arnold Drive

607-341-8750

Kathy Marecek 

10 Denver Court W

607-624-8158 

Joe Ozvold

 326 Stein Drive

607-754-7726

Lynda DeLuca

7 Denver Court W

607-727-0930

MISSION STATEMENT
The Union-Endicott Central School District will strive to provide a comprehensive and engaging educational experience to each child in our community.
VISION STATEMENT
The Union-Endicott Central School District will ensure all families are connected and included, where each child receives access to programs that meet their needs and honor a chosen pathway.

Zoom Link for BOE Meeting

 Join Zoom Meeting

https://uek12-org.zoom.us/j/92489242177?pwd=TDRaMVpzOHowUHFuQ2NVdGZydXNGZz09

 Meeting ID: 924 8924 2177

Passcode: 584793

District Clerk: Sue Reif sreif@uek12.org or 607 757-2111

Board Docs logo

priority areas

Proposed Success Targets

  • Grades K-12 Graduation Rate: 

    • 2022-2023 High School/Tiger Ventures:   Increase by 5% from 85% to 90%

      • 2021-2022 High School:  85%

      • 2020-2021 High School:  83% 

      • 2019-2020 High School:  92% 

      • 2018-2019 High School:  88%

    • 2022-2023 District: Increase by 5% from 82% to 87%

      • 2021-2022 District: 82%

      • 2020-2021 District: 82% 

      • 2019-2020 District: 87% 

      • 2018-2019 District: 82%       

  • Grades 3-8 ELA & Math Proficiency: 

    • 2022-2023 Increase by 9% from overall 40% to 50% on ELA, and increase by 13% from overall 27% to 40% in Math.

      • 2021-2022 ELA: 40%

      • 2021-2022 Math: 27%

      • No assessments in 2020-2021 due to COVID

      • 2019-2020 ELA: 36%

      • 2019-2020 Math: 41% 

  • District Chronic Absenteeism: 

    • 2022-2023 Decrease by 20% the number of chronically absent students (10% or more of their instructional days) from 1,518 to 1,214 students.

      • 2021-2022 chronically absent: 1,518 students

      • 2020-2021 chronically absent: 1,194 students 

      • 2019-2020 chronically absent: 781 students 

      • 2018-2019 chronically absent: 755 students

  • District Out-of-School Suspensions: 

    • 2022-2023 Reduce by 15% the number of out-of-school suspensions from 140 days to 119 days.

      • 2021-2022 OSS: 140 days

      • 2020-2021 OSS: 207 days

      • 2019-2020 OSS: 404 days

      • 2018-2019 OSS: 288 days