I hope you are having a wonderful summer! Each month, from August – June, you will receive an email with district information and upcoming events. Here are the updates for August:
- August Board of Education Meeting – There will be a Board of Education Meeting at the Union-Endicott District Office on Monday, August 22nd at 7:00 p.m. To enhance participation, the district will continue to post a Zoom link on the website (www.uek12.org) to allow community members to watch the meeting from home.
- Kindergarten Jump Start – The Kindergarten Jump Start program, for students entering Tiger Kindergarten and Kindergarten (not UPK), will run at GFJ, CFJ, AGM and TJW on August 30, 31 and September 1. If you have questions, please contact Erin Eckert, Director of Curriculum & Instruction K-5, at [email protected] or 607-757-2811.
- JFS 6th Grade Prep Academy – The 6th grade Prep Academy, for students entering grade six at JFS, will run at JFS on August 30, 31 and September 1. If you have questions, please contact Sara Morley, Principal, at [email protected] or 607-757-2156.
- Tiger Ventures 8th Grade Prep Academy – The 8th grade Prep Academy, for students entering grade eight at Tiger Ventures, will run at LWW/Tiger Ventures on August 30, 31 and September 1. If you have questions, please contact Annette Varcoe, Principal, at [email protected] or 607-757-2149.
- High School 9th Grade Orientation – The 9th grade orientation, for students entering grade nine (and new entrants at UEHS), will take place at UEHS on August 30 at 6:15 p.m. Information will be coming soon. If you have questions, please contact Steven DiStefano at [email protected] or 607-757-2181.
- Additional Meet & Greet Opportunities – The individual school buildings will be offering meet and greet opportunities for students and parents. The building principals will be reaching out to parents through email and/or phone calls. If you have questions, please contact the building principal at your child’s school.
- UPK Registration – The UPK program is grant funded by New York State, and slots are available to students who are 4 years old on/before December 1 and who live in the school district. These slots are free to families. Please call 757-2114 to register your child for one of our sites: Endicott Preschool, Greater Opportunities for Broome (at LWW or Rt. 26) and HCA (at LWW).
- Transportation/Walker Postcard – All families will receive a postcard with information on the 2022-23 bussing schedule (for those who ride the school bus), and walker information (for those who walk to school). These postcards will arrive at your home in late August. If you have questions about transportation, please contact the Bus Garage at 607-757-2125.
- The first day of school for students – A reminder, the first day of school for students will be on Thursday, September 8. (We will have two Superintendent’s Conference Days for staff only on September 6 and 7, which will replace having one in October.)
As always, feel free to reply to this message with questions or comments.