This letter is being provided to share information and events for the month of October.
- Board of Education Meetings – There will be a Board of Education Meeting at TJW Elementary on Monday, October 3rd at 7:00 p.m. and CFJ Elementary on Monday, October 24 at 7:00 p.m. To enhance participation, the district will continue to post a Zoom link on the website (www.uek12.org) to allow community members to watch the meeting from home.
- (NEW)15-Minute Early Release Drill – The annual 15-minute early dismissal drill is on Thursday, October 6. This drill, one of several fall and spring building safety drills mandated by New York State, must be tested at least once per school year and must occur no more than 15 minutes prior to the normal student dismissal time. There are several components to the drill, including helping schools practice their evacuation and communications procedures and assisting the bus garage with emergency transportation procedures. Parents should anticipate their child getting home 15 minutes earlier than usual.
- (NEW) “No School for Students” Reminders for October – There is no school on Monday, October 10 for Columbus Day.
- (NEW) PSAT/SAT Exams –
- UEHS Students: We are once again offering SAT and PSAT exams to UEHS students (grades 10-12) at no cost to our families. These will take place on Wednesday, October 12 throughout the first half of the school day. Details on the schedule and testing locations will be forthcoming, but for planning purposes, all seniors will be taking the SAT's, all sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT's, and freshmen will have a teen health and wellness day. More information coming for students at Tiger Ventures.
- Free Meals at U-E – Although universal free meals was not approved at the State level, Union-Endicott will be implementing a meal certification option available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. What does this mean for your children? All Union-Endicott students enrolled at UEHS, JFS, LWW, GFJ, CFJ, AGM and TJW may receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2022-23 school year. No further action is required of you. Your children will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit an application. If you have any further questions, please contact food services at 607-757-2107.
- (New) Homecoming – This year’s homecoming will be celebrated on Saturday, October 15 at 10:00 a.m. The Varsity football game vs. Ithaca will take place at 1:00 p.m. If you are looking for something to do in between or after the game, come visit the new U-E Food Center, located at the District Office, from 11:00-1:00 p.m. and 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- (New) U-E Food Center – The U-E Food Center is opening to the community on Saturday, October 15. The Food Center is located in the lower level of the District Office, in the Family Support Center. Come join us on October 15 from 11:00-1:00 p.m. and 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. for a tour and open house. If you need assistance, please contact Coordinator Tom Mitchell at 607-757-2501 or [email protected]
- COVID Tests – We still have plenty of COVID test kits in stock. If you would like some for your family, please contact the building principal or come to the District Office to pick them up.
- Graduation – The UEHS graduation has been moved to the Visions Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton on Saturday, June 24 at 10:00 a.m. The district calendar has been updated on the website.