March 12 update from Nicole Wolfe
The district continues to be in direct contact with the local and state health departments as well as the NYS Education Department. As with all school districts, we are receiving updates on a daily basis. In addition, the local superintendents are in constant communication with updates on school activities and events.
Please note the following updates:
• The facilities department has increased the cleanings in all buildings with additional attention given to touch surfaces. They have recently started “super cleanings,” which resemble getting “the works” at the car wash.
• We continue to encourage proper hand hygiene with all faculty, staff and students, and have recently increased the number of hand sanitizers in all buildings.
• There is new signage in schools reminding folks to wash their hands and stay home if they are feeling ill.
• We have no plans to offer online schooling at this time.
• Any field trips to locations where there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be canceled.
• We must take our lead from the health department. There is a state hotline at 1-888-364-3065, where experts from the NYS Department of Health can answer questions regarding COVID-19.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. My email is [email protected]