I would like to express my gratitude to the entire U-E school community. When the Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns in our region began to unfold, the number of folks who came forward and offered to volunteer is incredible. We are grateful for all of our volunteers and appreciate their efforts throughout this crisis. During times of uncertainty, our community stays strong!
I have some new information for this week: MEALS
• Starting Monday, there will be two new sites added to the grab and go meal distribution. The New Life Ministries and West Corners Fire Station will join CFJ, JFS and UEHS as Endicott meal sites, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• All children 18 years of age and younger may receive a complimentary breakfast and lunch.
• Children do not need to be present to receive the bags, and families may attend any site (including Vestal or Maine-Endwell) to receive the meals. EDUCATION
• The NYS Assessments have been canceled for grades 3-8 ELA and math, grade 4 science, grade 8 science, English as a second language (NYSESLAT) and alternative assessment (NYSAA).
• Chromebooks were distributed to all K-5 students in the district. If your child still needs one, or if your U-E child attends a parochial school and needs one, please email me at [email protected]
• The BOCES computer services department is offering tech support to families who need assistance with Chromebooks and email. Call Service Now at 607-766-3800.
• Copies of daily schedules to help plan your day at home with elementary and/or secondary students are available in the resource buttons on the COVID page.
• It is the intention of the district to provide technology and resources for enrichment and engagement purposes. The work is not meant to be turned in for a grade.
• The state has shared that the “continuity of learning” needs to be equitable and available to all students to the extent it is feasible and appropriate. The tools and resources available to our students will continue to change as we move forward during this time.
• We continue to update the resource buttons on the COVID-19 web page for elementary, middle and high school students.
• We have no additional information on Regents exams, AP exams and report card grades at this time. COMMUNICATION
• If your child is asking for additional work or assistance, please email me at [email protected]
or your building principal.
• Families will receive regular communication from district and building leaders, and teachers.
As we start the new week, I want to offer a special thank you to Jackie Stapleton, Director of Education at WSKG, for her efforts in developing the WSKG Learn at Home programming beginning Monday, March 23. This resource is open to students in grades K-12, and parents can see the full schedule by clicking here.
I will continue to share more information with you as it becomes available.