February 2022 updates
Here are updates for the month of February, with new information indicated in yellow.
- (NEW) Community Zoom Series – Feel free to join our administrators for a series of Community Zoom meetings on where the district is headed regarding safety, restorative practices, family engagement, and learning for all. Faculty, staff, students, parents, and community members are invited to these 1-hour sessions. See the bottom of this message for details!
- (NEW) February Board of Education Meetings – There will be a Board of Education Meeting at the District Office on Tuesday, February 22nd at 7:00 p.m.
- (NEW) “No School for Students” Reminders for February – There is no school on Friday, February 18, and Monday, February 21 for Presidents’ Day. School resumes on January 22, 2022.
- Important Information on Annual School Budget Vote in May - For the 2021-22 school year, the Union-Endicott Board of Education has made the decision to consolidate the school budget vote polling locations to one site, the District Office. The decision was made for a few reasons. First, with the current structure, U-E buildings are open to voters and students throughout the day. By using the District Office, the community and students are in separate locations. Also, there has been a reduction in poll workers over the past year. Consolidating to one site will allow available workers to serve the community in one location. Finally, the District Office space is centrally located and handicapped accessible. Rest assured, during vote day, all current safety protocols will be in place. The District Office parking lot will be available to voters, and voting will take place between 11:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 1100 East Main Street in Endicott.
- 2022 UEHS Graduation – For planning purposes, the Board of Education has approved the June 2022 Graduation Ceremony to take place on the UEHS Athletic Field on Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m. Having graduation on a Friday night provides more opportunities for an outdoor ceremony in the event of inclement weather. (i.e. rain dates – Saturday and Sunday)
- 2022 Tiger Ventures Graduation – For planning purposes, the Tiger Ventures graduation will be on June 23 at 6:30 p.m.
As always, feel free to reply to this message with questions or comments.