Summer update Aug 12
- Community Zoom Meetings – Feel free to join us for informal conversations and school district updates during our Community Zoom Meetings. Back to School Zoom Meetings.jpg
- PTA Apparel Fundraiser – Check out the latest U-E shirts, hats and more! This UE PTA fundraiser is now available and will run through 8/15. Orders will be available 8/27, so anything ordered can be worn to school on the first day. https://union-endicottptafall2021.itemorder.com/sale
- Personnel - We have a number of positions posted across the district both full and part time. You can find them here: https://www.uek12.org/Employment.aspx We also anticipate a need for Senior Typists in the future, which is a Civil Service title. You can find testing information here: https://www.gobroomecounty.com/personnel/cs
- Jump Start/Prep Academy/9th Grade Orientation – Our Jump Start program for incoming kindergartners, Prep Academy program for incoming 6th graders, Tiger Venture Prep Academy for incoming 8th graders, and UEHS orientation for incoming 9th graders will take place at the end of August/early September. If you are looking for information on these programs, please contact Erin Eckert (for kindergarten) at [email protected] , Sara Morley (for JFS 6th grade) at [email protected] , Mary Mullock (for Tiger Ventures 8th grade) at [email protected] and Steven DiStefano (for UEHS 9th grade) at [email protected]
- 2021-22 School Calendar – A reminder our school calendar can be found on the main page of our website. 5929040a-48b3-4534-8b1e-abdd69b5a712.pdf (eschoolview.com)
- Supply Lists– The elementary and middle school supply lists can be found on the website.
- Back to School – The NYS Education Department has stepped in and taken over the details of school COVID guidance, which was originally left open to individual districts. We are expecting the Education Department’s instructions for COVID requirements/restrictions in the near future. 081021 Forthcoming Back to School Health and Safety Guidance.pdf (southcentralric.org)
- (NEW) Remote Learning – There will be no U-E remote option for students. A BOCES regional remote academy is being discussed for families with special circumstances that warrant remote instruction, but we are uncertain of specific details at this time. This may be a 1-year or ½ year commitment with computer-based instruction. If you are interested in learning more about this remote academy, please click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfgJW8bGG1YI-yEmz2UB_7k_IypkWcawGRCPzCu6AHpaIUJnQ/viewform We will notify you when information is available.
- (NEW) Home Schooling - Parents who wish to be responsible for schooling their child may contact Erin Eckert at 607-658-7130 or [email protected]. In making a decision about homeschooling, be aware that homeschooling is NOT the same as remote learning. Homeschooling will require you (the parent/guardian), to take on the responsibility of choosing educational materials, providing instruction and abiding by the reporting requirements set forth by the NYS Education Department.
- (NEW) UPK and Early Kindergarten- The district partners with Endicott Preschool (formerly First Presbyterian Preschool), Greater Opportunities for Broome and Chenango (formerly known as Head Start) and HCA to offer UPK services to children who live in the district and turn 4 years old on or before December 1. The district has two sections of Early Kindergarten for children who turn 5 years old on or before December 1. These classes are located at CFJ and GFJ.
- If you would like to enroll your child in UPK or Early Kindergarten, or if you have questions, please contact Erin Eckert at 607-658-7130 or [email protected]
- U-E Opening Day – The first day of school for students who attend UE schools will be Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- BOCES Opening Day - All Broome-Tioga BOCES Students who attend programs at the BOCES Education Center, East Learning Center OR West Learning Center will start the 2021-2022 school year on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH. All students who attend classes in BOCES district-based classrooms will follow the district which houses the classroom.
- School Breakfast/Lunch – We are excited to announce that all students in K-12 are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch for the 2021-22 school year.
- (NEW) Board Advisory Teams (BAT) – Are you interested in participating on a Board Advisory Team? The U-E School District runs 5 different BAT meetings on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, with a focus on the following areas: Policy, Equity, Facilities, Endicott Proud (Community), and Tiger Ventures. If you are interested in joining a BAT, please reply to this message with your interest area. I will share your interest with the team’s facilitator for fall.
- (NEW) COVID Coordinator for 2021-22- Nicole Wolfe and Jenn Kazmark have been designated as the district’s COVID-19 Coordinators for 2021-22. They will serve as the liaison between the district and the Broome County Health Department when there are known or suspected COVID-19 cases or exposures.
- New this year - Staff and students who have been fully vaccinated will not need to quarantine.
- The U-E COVID notifications will continue via email messages to the community.
- Beth Smalt, Broome County Health Department, will serve as COVID School Liaison for all school districts in the County.
As always, feel free to reply to this message with questions or comments.