Here are updates for the month of September.
- U-E Opening Day – The first day of school for students who attend UE schools will be Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- BOCES Opening Day - All Broome-Tioga BOCES Students who attend programs at the BOCES Education Center, East Learning Center, OR West Learning Center will start the 2021-2022 school year on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH. All students who attend classes in BOCES district-based classrooms will follow the district which houses the classroom.
- After School Programs – The YMCA offers after-school care for students at TJW and AGM, and the Southern Tier Community Center offers before and after-school care at CFJ and GFJ. Please contact the building principal for additional information on these programs.
- Home Schooling - Parents who wish to be responsible for schooling their child may contact Erin Eckert at 607-658-7130 or [email protected]. In making a decision about homeschooling, be aware that homeschooling is NOT the same as remote learning. Homeschooling will require you (the parent/guardian), to take on the responsibility of choosing educational materials, providing instruction, and abiding by the reporting requirements set forth by the NYS Education Department.
- UPK and Early Kindergarten- The district partners with Endicott Preschool (formerly First Presbyterian Preschool), Greater Opportunities for Broome and Chenango (formerly known as Head Start), and HCA to offer UPK services to children who live in the district and turn 4 years old on or before December 1. The district has two sections of Early Kindergarten for children who turn 5 years old on or before December 1. These classes are located at CFJ and GFJ.
- If you would like to enroll your child in UPK or Early Kindergarten, or if you have questions, please contact Erin Eckert at 607-658-7130 or [email protected]
- School Breakfast/Lunch – We are excited to announce that all students in K-12 are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch for the 2021-22 school year.
- (NEW) Technology Support/Help Desk – Please call 766-3800 if you need assistance with your child’s computer.
- COVID Coordinator for 2021-22- Nicole Wolfe and Jenn Kazmark have been designated as the district’s COVID-19 Coordinators for 2021-22. They will serve as the liaison between the district and the Broome County Health Department when there are known or suspected COVID-19 cases or exposures.
- Board of Education Meeting – There will be a Board of Education Meeting on Monday, September 13 at 7:00 p.m.
- Open House Dates
- JFS – September 23
- Tiger Ventures – September 28
- GFJ – September 30
- AGM – October 5
- CFJ – October 6
- TJW – October 7
- UEHS – October 13