I hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer! I wanted to take a moment to share some updates with you:
- Summer Enrichment – The Summer Enrichment program is up and running, with the last day on Thursday, August 12th. If you would like to register your child for a class, please feel free to contact Mindy in the Athletic Office at [email protected]. Let her know your child’s grade level, and she can check for availability. A reminder that breakfast and lunch are provided for the program.
- Back to School – We have not received any updates from the NYS Department of Health on "back to school” COVID requirements or restrictions. In the meantime, we are making plans for full day, five days per week, in-person instruction for all students.
- Jump Start/Prep Academy – Our Jump Start program for incoming kindergartners and Prep Academy program for incoming 6th graders will take place at the end of August/early September. If you are looking for information on these programs, please contact Erin Eckert (for kindergarten) at [email protected] or Sarah Miller (for 6th grade) at [email protected]
- Supply Lists – The elementary and middle school supply lists can be found on the website.
- School Breakfast/Lunch – We are excited to announce that all students in K-12 are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch for the 2021-22 school year.
- Coming Soon - UE Parent Center – Chris Murdock, our new Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, is working on developing a UE Parent Center at the District Office. We plan to offer parent workshops, student workshops and counseling supports once the center is up and running. This work is in alignment with the NYS Policy, which can be found here: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) | New York State Education Department (nysed.gov)
- 2022 UEHS Graduation – For planning purposes, the Board of Education has approved the June 2022 Graduation Ceremony to take place on the UEHS Athletic Field on Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m. Having graduation on a Friday night provides more opportunities for an outdoor ceremony in the event of inclement weather. (i.e. rain dates – Saturday and Sunday) *We are updating the calendar to reflect this change.
Please feel free to reply to this email with questions or comments, and I will reply to them as quickly as possible.