Summer update July 29
Good afternoon! I will continue to send you updates as we head toward September. The new information is highlighted in yellow, below.
Here is information for the week of July 29:
- Summer Enrichment – The Summer Enrichment program is up and running, with the last day on Thursday, August 12th. If you would like to register your child for a class, please feel free to contact Mindy in the Athletic Office at [email protected]. Let her know your child’s grade level, and she can check for availability. A reminder that breakfast and lunch are provided for the program.
- Jump Start/Prep Academy/9th Grade Orientation – Our Jump Start program for incoming kindergartners, Prep Academy program for incoming 6th graders, and high school orientation for incoming 9th graders will take place at the end of August/early September. If you are looking for information on these programs, please contact Erin Eckert (for kindergarten) at [email protected] or Sarah Miller (for 6th grade) at [email protected], and Steven DiStefano (for 9th grade, date coming soon) at [email protected]
- Supply Lists – The elementary and middle school supply lists can be found on the website.
- Back to School – We have not yet received any updates from the NYS Department of Health on "back to school” COVID requirements or restrictions. In the meantime, we are making plans for full day, five days per week, in-person instruction for all students.
- U-E Opening Day – The first day of school for students who attend UE schools will be Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- (NEW)BOCES Opening Day - All Broome-Tioga BOCES Students who attend programs at the BOCES Education Center, East Learning Center OR West Learning Center will start the 2021-2022 school year on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH. All students who attend classes in BOCES district-based classrooms will follow the district which houses the classroom.
- School Breakfast/Lunch – We are excited to announce that all students in K-12 are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch for the 2021-22 school year.
- Coming Soon - UE Parent Center – Chris Murdock, our new Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, is working on developing a UE Parent Center at the District Office. We plan to offer parent workshops, student workshops and counseling supports once the center is up and running. This work is in alignment with the NYS Policy, which can be found here: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) | New York State Education Department (nysed.gov)
- 2022 UEHS Graduation – For planning purposes, the Board of Education has approved the June 2022 Graduation Ceremony to take place on the UEHS Athletic Field on Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m. Having graduation on a Friday night provides more opportunities for an outdoor ceremony in the event of inclement weather. (i.e. rain dates – Saturday and Sunday) *We are updating the calendar to reflect this change.
As always, feel free to reply to this message with questions or comments.