March 2022 updates
Here are updates for the month of March, with new information indicated in yellow.
- (NEW) Community Zoom Series – Feel free to join our administrators for a series of Community Zoom meetings on where the district is headed regarding safety, restorative practices, family engagement and learning for all. Faculty, staff, students, parents and community members are invited to these 1-hour sessions. We hope to see you there!
- (NEW) Kindergarten Registration – Kindergarten registration (for incoming kindergartners, fall of 2022) will be held March 7-18, 2022. All registrations will be by appointment only, with building appointments during the first week, and district office appointments during the second week. If you have any questions, please contact registration at 757-2346.
- (NEW) March Board of Education Meetings – There will be a Board of Education Meeting at the District Office on Monday, March 21st at 7:00 p.m.
- (NEW) Home schooling – If you wish to add or remove your child to home schooling, where the parent provides instruction to their child, please contact registration at 757-2346. This has been a frequently asked question with the upcoming NYS lifting of the mask mandate.
- (NEW)“No School for Students” Reminders for February – There is no school for students on Friday, March 11 for Superintendent’s Day. School resumes on Monday, March 14.
- (NEW) NYS Assessments for Grade 3-8 – Students in grades 3-8 will take the NYS ELA and Math Assessments on the following dates:
- ELA: Tuesday, March 29 and Wednesday, March 30 (make-ups March 31, April 1, 4, 5)
- Math: Tuesday, April 26 and Wednesday, April 27 (make-ups April 28, 29, May 2, 3, 4)
- Important Information on Annual School Budget Vote in May - For the 2021-22 school year, the Union-Endicott Board of Education has made the decision to consolidate the school budget vote polling locations to one site, the District Office. The decision was made for a few reasons. First, with the current structure, U-E buildings are open to voters and students throughout the day. By using the District Office, the community and students are in separate locations. Also, there has been a reduction in poll workers over the past year. Consolidating to one site will allow available workers to serve the community in one location. Finally, the District Office space is centrally located and handicapped accessible. Rest assured, during vote day, all current safety protocols will be in place. The District Office parking lot will be available to voters, and voting will take place between 11:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 1100 East Main Street in Endicott.
- 2022 Tiger Ventures Graduation – For planning purposes, the Tiger Ventures graduation will be on June 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- 2022 UEHS Graduation – For planning purposes, the Board of Education has approved the June 2022 Graduation Ceremony to take place on the UEHS Athletic Field on Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m. Having graduation on a Friday night provides more opportunities for an outdoor ceremony in the event of inclement weather. (i.e. rain dates – Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.)