June 2022 updates
Good afternoon! Here are updates for the month of June, with new information indicated in yellow.
- (NEW) June Board of Education Meetings – There will be a Board of Education Meeting at the Union-Endicott District Office on Monday, June 6th at 6:15 p.m. (reception) and 7:00 p.m. (general meeting). The final Board meeting of the year will be in the Board Room on Monday, June 27th from 8:00-8:30 a.m. This is a brief meeting dedicated to completing all final resolutions for the year.
- (NEW) Senior Lawn Signs – The Class of 2022 Senior Lawn Signs are available at Union-Endicott High School for all UEHS seniors, and LWW for all Tiger Ventures seniors. Please feel free to stop by and pick up your sign during school hours.
- (NEW) Senior Walk and Senior Picnic – The Senior Walk (at elementary schools) and the Senior Picnic will take place on Monday, June 13.
- (NEW) Prom and After-Prom Party Information – This year’s prom and after prom party will take place on Friday, June 17.
- Please join us on the red carpet as students arrive at The McKinley for the prom, with the theme Hollywood Movie Premier, at 8:30 p.m.
- The after-prom party theme, Vanity Fair Oscars After Party, will take place at the high school until 2:30 a.m. More information coming soon!
- Final Days of School - We have used all our snow days, six for this school year, so it is a late ending for K-8 students in June. Please email your principal if you are looking for the date of a specific event at your child’s school.
- Tuesday, June 14 – Last day of classes for all UEHS students and 9th - 12th grade Tiger Ventures students, full day. *Regents exams on June 15 – June 24.
- Friday, June 17 – Half day of school for K-8 students in the morning. *Students attend in the morning, and clerical day for K-8 teachers in the afternoon.
- Monday, June 20 – Juneteenth Holiday, no school for students and staff.
- Friday, June 24 – Last day of school for K-8 students and 8th grade Tiger Ventures students, half day. *Students attend in the morning, and clerical day for K-8 teachers in the afternoon.
- (NEW) Summer School/Summer Enrichment – The BOCES Summer School and U-E Summer Enrichment for students entering grades 1-12 will take place on July 18 – August 11. Please note, the high school will be closed for construction. The BOCES Summer School and all UEHS summer staff will be relocated to JFS Middle School. We still have room in many of our summer enrichment sections. Please call the Athletics Office if you need assistance, at 607-757-2191.
- (NEW) UPK Registration – The UPK registration is now open. Please call 757-2114 to register your child for one of our sites: Endicott Preschool, Greater Opportunities for Broome (at LWW or Rt. 26) and HCA (at LWW).
- (NEW) Moving Up Ceremonies – these will be held at the individual schools:
- AGM: Monday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m.
- CFJ: Tuesday, June 14 at 9:00 a.m.
- TJW: Wednesday, June 15 at 9:30 a.m.
- GFJ: Thursday, June 16 at 9:30 a.m.
- JFS: Thursday, June 23 at 9:00 a.m.
- 2022 Tiger Ventures Graduation – The Tiger Ventures graduation will be at LWW on Thursday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- 2022 UEHS Graduation – For planning purposes, the Board of Education has approved the June 2022 Graduation Ceremony to take place on the UEHS Athletic Field on Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m. Having graduation on a Friday night provides more opportunities for an outdoor ceremony in the event of inclement weather. (i.e. rain dates – Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.)
- (NEW) The first day of school in September – A reminder, the first day of school for students will be on Thursday, September 8. (We will have two Superintendent’s Conference Days for staff only on September 6 and 7, which will replace having one in October.)
As always, feel free to reply to this message with questions or comments.