As August is coming to a close, our dedicated leaders and staff are making final preparations for students' return to school on Monday, September 14. Since almost every aspect of school is being changed due to COVID, several items are taking a bit longer to prepare than they would during a typical year, including scheduling, meals, and transportation.
Here are some updates for this week:
- Orientations: Kindergarten, 6th-grade, and 9th-grade orientations have been scheduled for next week. If you have not received information on our Kindergarten Jump-Start, 6th-grade Prep Academy, or 9th-grade orientation, please contact the building principal for more information.
- Elementary Assignments: The elementary hybrid and remote teacher assignments have been mailed for students in grades 1-5. The kindergarten students will be assigned a teacher after next week's Jump Start program. Please contact the building principal if you have any questions.
- Secondary Assignments: The middle and high school principals have emailed the hybrid assignments: Last name A-L on Monday/Tuesday and M-Z on Thursday/Friday. The detailed student schedules are taking a bit longer than expected, and they will be posted later next week. Please contact the building principal if you have any questions.
- Free Meals: This year, all U-E students in grades K-12 will receive free breakfast, and all elementary and Tiger Ventures students will receive free lunch. This is based on a food services grant the district received. Next week, I will be sending out a Meal Order Form for K-12 remote students and 6-12 hybrid students.
- Transportation: The transportation department is reworking the typical bus routes based on students' hybrid schedules. This is a time-consuming process and we anticipate bus assignments being mailed home the week before school starts.
- Community Zoom Meetings: More Zoom meetings have been posted on our Reopening Webpage.
- First Days of School: School will start on September 8 for staff and September 14 for students. The calendar has been adjusted, with no Superintendents' Days in the fall or spring to accommodate this move.
Have a wonderful weekend!