Here are some updates for your information:
- Elementary: The elementary hybrid assignments have been mailed, and parents should receive them today or tomorrow. If there is a question or error, please contact the building principal to discuss. The elementary remote assignments will be mailed next week.
- Secondary: The middle and high school principals have emailed parents with hybrid assignments: Last name A-L on Monday/Tuesday and M-Z on Thursday/Friday. The detailed student schedules will be available later this month. If there is a question or error, please contact the building principal to discuss.
- Free Meals: This year, all UE students in grades K-12 will receive free breakfast, and all elementary and Tiger Venture students will receive free lunch. This is based on a food services grant that was received!
- Community Zoom Meetings: More Zoom meetings have been posted on our Reopening Webpage.
- Orientations: The jumpstart, prep academies, and orientations will take place during the week of August 31-September 3. You will be receiving information from your building principal.
- First Days of School: School will start on September 8th for staff and September 14th for students. The calendar has been adjusted, with no superintendents' Days in the fall or spring to accommodate this move.
- BOE Meeting: The Board of Education will be meeting on Monday night, and in light of Binghamton's delay in hybrid reopening, there will be a discussion on this topic as it pertains to UE schools. If you would like to watch the meeting or comment publicly during the hearing of visitors, please copy/paste this Zoom link: https://www.uek12.org/protected/EventView.aspx?id=8Y3PG0U02 (The link is also on our website for your convenience.)
Have a great weekend,