February 16, 2021
At its February 16 meeting, the U-E Board of Education approved a phase-in plan to increase the number of days per week that students attend in-person instruction. Meanwhile, the Remote Academy will continue as it has been since September.
The phase-in timeline is as follows:
- March 8: Phase-in grades K-2 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- March 15: Phase-in grades 3-5 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- March 22: Phase-in grades 6-8 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- March 29: Phase-in grades 9-12 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
In addition, students will return on Wednesday mornings as follows:
- April 14: K-12 phase-in of Wednesday half-days of instruction (students will attend school in the morning)
The district is working out the details needed to ensure an appropriate phase-in plan for your child's school. More specific information will be coming from the building principals and myself as we prepare for this transition.