Here are updates for the month of March, with new information indicated in yellow.
- March Board of Education Meetings – There will be a Board of Education Meeting at the District Office on Monday, March 13 at 7:00 p.m.
- No School for Students in March - There is no school for students on Friday, March 10 for Superintendent’s Day.
- Snow days – We started with 5 snow days for the 2022-23 school year. We have used three days, with two snow days remaining.
- (NEW) Kindergarten Registration – Please call the District Office at 607-757-2811 to make an appointment to register your child. Parents will need to bring the following items with them:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian photo ID
- 2 forms of proof of residence in the UE District
- Immunization record
- Any custody papers that are in place
- Any IEP/504 Special Education information if applicable
Monday, March 6: 9:00 – 2:55 at AGM
Tuesday, March 7: 9:00 – 2:55 at CFJ
Wednesday, March 8: 9:00 – 2:55 at GFJ
Thursday, March 9: 9:00 – 2:55 at TJW
The following week (March 13 – 17) appointments will be available at the District Office daily between 9:00 – 3:20. There are no walk in’s this week.
- Remaining Budget Meetings – The budget workshops are an opportunity to learn more about the budget process and to offer input on the proposed budget draft later this spring. All workshops will be presented at our regular 7 p.m. board meetings, (unless noted otherwise) in person or via Zoom. We look forward to your feedback.
· March 13 (D.O.) - Budget workshop 2, Governor’s Proposal
· April 17 (D.O.) – Budget workshop 3, Enacted NYS Budget
· April 20 (D.O.) – Budget adoption, 8 a.m. *Please note time change
· May 8 (AGM) - Budget hearing at 6 p.m. *Please note time change
· May 16 (D.O.) - School Budget Vote from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Annual School Budget Vote in May - For the 2022-23 school year, the district will once again consolidate the school budget vote polling locations to one site, the District Office. The decision was made for a few reasons. First, with the current structure, U-E buildings are open to voters and students throughout the day. By using the District Office, the community and students are in separate locations. Also, there has been a reduction in poll workers over the past year. Consolidating to one site will allow available workers to serve the community in one location. Finally, the District Office space is centrally located and handicapped accessible. Rest assured, during vote day, all current safety protocols will be in place. The District Office parking lot will be available to voters, and voting will take place between 11:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 1100 East Main Street in Endicott.
- Tiger Ventures Graduation – The Tiger Ventures graduation will be on Thursday, June 22 at 6:30 p.m.
- UEHS Prom - The UEHS prom will be on Saturday, June 17 at the Holiday Inn in Binghamton. Save the date!
- Graduation – The UEHS graduation has been moved to the Visions Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton on Saturday, June 24 at 10:00 a.m. The district calendar has been updated on the website.