Just a few reminders for parents/guardians from the TJ Watson main office:
* Attendance Policy for Union-Endicott: ALL absences require a written note explaining the reason for the absence. Please note: We appreciate the phone call to the health office when your child is going to be absent. However, you must still send in the written excuse.
Excused Absencesand Late to School:
- Doctor apointment
- Sickness or death in the family
- Religious observance
- Impassable roads or weather
Unexcused Absencesand Late to School:
- Missed Bus
- Family Vacation
Attendance : according to New York State Education Dept. Commissioner regulation 104.1) http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/pps/attendance/attendanceQ-A.html)
* Late to School/Tardy: the adult bringing the child to school MUST bring the child in to the main office and fill out a tardy slip. DO NOT drop children at the front door.
* Lunch visits to the school: When visiting your child or children for lunch, you must report to the office to sign-in and sign-out at the end of lunch. Visiting the classroom or the playground is not allowable when visiting for lunch.
* Food policy at TJW: thank you for adhering to our store purchased food only. Having all of the ingredients, etc on the package is extremely helpful in the event that a youngster has an allergic reaction.
* Emergency phone contacts: Please update the names and numbers if there are any changes. It is imperative that we can get a hold of someone who is local and can assist us in the event your child is ill or has had an accident and you cannot be reached.
* Keep checking the UE website for pictures, information and updates: There are usually pictures on the main home page that might include our kids at TJW. Make sure you then go to TJW page. There is new information being added regularly!
* TJW has always had a very strong PTA: we are always looking for new people to come to the meetings and see what's happening. You would be surprised all of the little ways that you can help the PTA help our students at TJW. "Many hands make light work". You don't have to commit to a something that requires a lot of work and time away from home. You'd be surprised how you can help. Come to a meeting!
Fondly, Mrs. Emily Regan
Attendance and Tardy Notes:
- Please send a note to school explaining the reason for the absence and/or the late arrival at school.
- The PTA has provided note pads for your use! Ask for some in the main office.
- You may receive a letter in the mail asking for a signed note explaining and "unexcused absences or tardies". Please send the completed notes into school with your son/daughter. Thank you in advance for your help:)
Early Dismissal from School:
Please send in a note the morning of the early dismissal from school with the following information
- Reason for the early departure
- Time your son/daughter will be picked up
- Name and relationship of person picking up your son/daughter
Please note that we cannot release your child to a person who is NOT listed on your emergency contact information. If needed, please update this information. Ask for the change/update form in the main office.