Commonly asked questions at a “College Interview” (Be Prepared!)
· What outside activities are you involved in?
· What “Senior Year” classes are you taking?
· Are you taking AP or Honors level courses?
· What is your most challenging class?
· Tell us about your GPA, ACT and SAT scores
· If you struggled with a class in high school, how did you attempt to improve the situation?
· What major are you choosing and why?
· What activities are you involved in and why did you choose to participate?
· What are your outside interests?
· Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
· What are your expectations about our school?
· Do you have any general questions about our academic programs or college life?
· What work (employment) experience do you have?
· What is your favorite subject and why?
· Do you have a resume?
· Tell me/us about yourself
· Why are you interested in our college as opposed to other schools?
· What in your life has most influenced you and your choices?
· What will you contribute to our campus community?
· What do you do for fun in your free time?
· Does your high school record accurately reflect your effort and ability?
· Recommend a good book that you have read
· If you could have one thing differently in high school, what would it be?
Sample Schools Contacted
SUNY Delhi Misericordia
SUNY OneontaElmira College
SUNY Morrisville Marywood University
SUNY Plattsburg University of Scranton
SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry