NOTE for 2016-17 tax bills: The equalization rates for the Towns of Union and Owego changed in time for this year's tax bills, so Town of Union taxpayers will see an decrease of 0.19% in their bills while those in the Town of Owego will see an increase of 3.87% (if the property's assessment did not change). There was NO CHANGE in the tax levy that was approved in May, but the equalization rates change the distribution of the levy. Here is a link that might be helpful in understanding how school tax distribution between towns works:

TO PAY YOUR TAX BILL (September-November)
Contact: Sheila VanDusen, M&T Bank  Tax Collector, at 607-786-4721
By Mail: PO Box 2483, Buffalo, NY 14240 
In Person: 35 Washington Avenue, Endicott, NY 13760 
To Look Up Your Property School Tax Bill: Go to
When on Website click on either Broome or Tioga County then U-E School District.

If you still need additional tax information: Contact Michael Fenn at 607-786-8554, when prompted, put in extension 2202.

For more information on the STAR program: Visit the state's website:
Third party checks & school tax payments
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance sent out information to school officials regarding third party checks and school tax payments.

School Officials,

STAR credit checks were mailed over the weekend to qualified homeowners who registered by July 1. We’ve been asked whether a homeowner who has received a STAR credit check from New York State may endorse it over to the collecting officer, write a personal check for the balance, and then mail or bring both checks together to the collecting officer as payment for the school tax.

The answer is yes, as long as the total of the two checks is at least equal to the amount due. The STAR check is a negotiable instrument under the law and as such it can be lawfully endorsed to a third party. There’s no law that forbids receivers or collectors from accepting third party checks, or that gives them discretion to turn down a lawful payment.

Anyone with questions about the program can go to the STAR property tax relief webpage or call 518-457-2036 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.

Click here to visit the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance website. 
District Office: 1100 East Main St, Endicott, New York | Phone: 607.757.2811
© 2017. Union-Endicott Central School District. All Rights Reserved. School CMS Created by eSchoolView