Principal’s Message – January 5, 2015
Attention students and parents:
- UEHS classes will not be in session on January 26th and 27th. The only high school students reporting on these two days are those who are taking Regents Exams. There is school for all other students in the district. UEHS students, report only if you have an exam.
- For high school students attending a ½-day BOCES program, you will still report to BOCES for your normal school day at the regular time, UNLESS YOU HAVE A SCHEDULED EXAM AT UEHS. Transportation will be provided as usual to and from UEHS and students will be able to stay in the building the rest of the day if necessary (morning or afternoon).
- For those of you who attend a full-day BOCES program, there will be no school for you from January 26th-29th. You should only attend if you are scheduled to take a Regents Exam.
- All UEHS students are scheduled to be in classes as usual on January 28th and 29th. If you have an exam during one of these days, you will need to report to the UEHS Library at that time to take your exam.
- A special thanks to the UEHS Key Club which helped make the annual Holiday Party another wonderful success. Thank you as well to all you who contributed and/or volunteered their time to bring joy and memories that will last a lifetime to our Tiger Cubs.
- Modeled on the retail outlet, RedBox, which
features DVDs and videos for rent, this month’s READBOX features books with
movie tie-ins to promote the reading of books from the library. RENT OUR BOOKS
at NO CHARGE! Thanks to Bailee West and Victoria Nunn for
the UEHS ReadBox located right inside our library (see the story below for more info).
- Attention students: The UEHS Physical Education Department will be starting a new program to keep parents and students informed on the coming events in class. Please sign up with your smart phone or through email to receive notification from the high school PE teachers regarding the end of marking period dates, make up reminders, unit information, as well as other pertinent updates. Please follow the instructions below and contact Mrs. DeRosa-Noyes if you have any questions.
- For a snack or drink from either the vending machines or UEHS cafeteria, be the first student to email or see me with the answer to this trivia question: What two classic comic strips were created by Endicott native Johnny Hart?