Principal’s Message – December 5, 2014
• National Honor Society would like to thank everyone who participated in this year’s food drive. From November 1st-19th, 764 items were collected and will be donated to CHOW! A special congratulations to this year’s winning homerooms, which have earned a cider and donut morning snack during homeroom. The winning homerooms were: Room 356 with 89 items, Room 368 with 84 items, and room 241 with 76 items.
• Another congratulations to the NYS Champion Union-Endicott Marching Band for coming in first place and to our nationally recognized runner, Emily Mackay! Great job, everyone!
• A special thanks to all of those who made the trip to New York City possible for the Italian and Spanish Clubs. Several students enjoyed the Big Apple earlier this month as they were able to enjoy some site seeing, shop in Little Italy, and eat authentic Italian and Cuban dishes. They also got to enjoy the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. What a great way to start the holiday season!
• Attention students: The UEHS Physical Education Department will be starting a new program to keep parents and students informed on the coming events in class. Please sign up with your smart phone or through email to receive notification from the high school PE teachers regarding the end of marking period dates, make up reminders, unit information, as well as other pertinent updates. Please follow the instructions below and contact Mrs. DeRosa-Noyes if you have any questions.
• Attention students, for a snack from our cafeteria or vending machine, on me, be the first one to answer this Tiger Trivia question: What do the middle initials of our elementary schools stand for? You must have all of the answers correct in order to win (including you, Josh).
• Congratulations to all of our Tiger senior athletes who have signed to participate in athletics as college freshmen next year!